Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ready, Set, Zombies! (The Sequel!)

"The Dead-Tossed Waves" by Carrie Ryan is the sequel to "The Forest of Hands and Teeth." It follows Gabry, the daughter of Mary in the first book. Mary made it to the ocean and now they both live together in a new town. Gabry has no desire to ever leave, but a fateful decision to follow her friends past the fences one night finds Gabry's world turned upside down. She must choose between leaving the safety of her walls for the people she loves or living a lonely, but safe life.

"The Dead-Tossed Waves" was even more exciting than the first book. How can a world filled with death be so appealing? I'm not sure, but it is. Gabry is a slightly less annoying main character, but I still wasn't hooked. And I don't know if girls like these, but I am sick of all the love triangles in these types of books. I really had a hard time swallowing that Gabry would have chosen the guy she chose. She barely knew him, while she had been in love with the other guy her whole life. She actually knew him. I think people that read a lot of books in this type genre might be getting sick of the love triangle angle, too. It seems really overdone. That being said, it was once again impossible to put down and I will read the next one when it comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment