Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cricket magazine

Many magazines out there are filled with advertisements and pictures of celebrities having a good time. Not many of them focus on good stories and help make realistic stories fun for kids to read. Cricket Magazine does. As I began reading the fictional story on how an angry man upset at the hot California weather tried to blow off a chunk of the sun but ended up blowing up a glacier in Alaska, I noted that there were few ads and lots of good stories. I ended up reading a story called "Why is it so Hard to Get Ketchup Out of a Bottle?" I'll give you one guess what it was about. The interesting thing, however, is that I really wanted to know... so I read the whole thing. From ketchup to quicksand, this article explains why it does what it does. It is definitely worth checking out. Cricket also encourages kids to read and write with contest in both categories/

No comments:

Post a Comment