Saturday, August 14, 2010

Am I really this stupid?

"More Two-Minute Mysteries" by Donal J. Sobol is a collection of logic tests in story form. We are presented a story where Dr. Haledjian, an unmatched genius, solves a series of crimes and riddles. We are presented with the story, the Dr.'s conclusion and the question of why or how the Dr. cam to his conclusion. We then use logic to figure it out. There are probably about a hundred stories in the book.

Well, first off, I really loved this book. I love to test my wits and my logic/reasoning ability. The only problem is that I mist be a few cards short of a full deck because I can never come to the same conclusions as these genius Dr. In fact, sometimes I feel like the answer is so obvious that anyone with a pulse could figure it out, only to discover that I am a mere idiot. Aside from the feelings of inadequacy, I really enjoy testing my logic with this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment